PS4 SRL GT Sport Asia-Pacific Leagues Pre Season Race 1 Jan 8th(Season 1)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Kartdude45

SRL Coordinator
Staff member
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2017
The time has finally come to get you're backside trackside as the very best of the SRL GT Sports drivers take to the track for the very first time in the site's history around the newly designed Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi. Many Drivers and Teams will want to use this time to test and tune their cars and also make a statement to the other drives to start the season off on the right foot.

Additionally, the idea of the test was to trial lobby settings different to the ones posted to see if it can create better racing.
Start time: 8.30pm Sydney time.
Race Length:
Race: 40 Minutes
Qauli 15 Minutes.

Proposed Race Settings
Start Type: Grid
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tyre Wear: X5
Fuel Depletion: X3
Initial Fuel: 35 Litres
Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 sec

The lobby will open half an hour before the start of the qualifying session. from their, the lobby will be reset at the starting time of 8.30 and the session will begin. Please be in minimum 10 minutes before the lobby to ensure everyone is here. and can let reserves know if any openings.

No Shows: (0)

Kartdude45

SRL Coordinator
Staff member
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2017
Review Questions!
1. What did you make of the first race? how did it go from your own point of view?
2. What did you make of the lobby settings?
3. if you could make some recommendations to change in the settings what would they be and why :)

Nov 27, 2017
First race was really good, alot Futher up the field than I thought, even battling for the lead at one point before a racing incident between me, Jacko and viper put me off. Then went into a nice battle for 3rd place with fubbles, where some questionable driving was seen, but clean racing nonetheless. Ended the race 4th.

Think the settings were perfect, would like for more fuel to be added into cars during stops, just to bring other tyres into play, and I would like to see some sort of night race at some point in the season

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017
Very happy with the driving standards tonight. Especially with Jacko, great racing mate.

I think there needs to be rules around qualifying tire being start tire whether it's Top 10 must start on the same compound or no one has to etc it'd be nice to have something set in stone.

The lobby settings however were an absolute disaster. There should never ever ever be more than 2 stops in a 40 min race. Ideally you should do some mid week testing and find a point where 1 and 2 stopping is a very fine line. Would spice things up hugely. Felt like tonight you were trying to force strategy on everyone and it actually ruined the racing as there was more in the lane than on the asphalt. When tires and fuel are wearing that quickly, any efforts for fuel/tire saving are completely useless and it glorifies drivers who can't do these things as they look better than they are. Luckily the two men who deserved to be at the front were there today and the finish was superb and tense.

Dec 23, 2017
The start of the race was absolutely disgusting in the mid pack where I qualified. Not enough racing room was given, blocking was aplenty and everybody quite literally crammed each other to the point where I had to back off. Had to take a terrible line at the first hairpin coming onto the short track, and ended up losing the back end, dropping to 13th. Things did improve though, and I finished 3rd. Excluding the first lap, the racing was quite good and made for some great competition. Much better than my Project Cars 2 series... Also, sorry if I made unnecessary contact @DYNAMITE_296.

I don't like the idea of timed races. You have to do a lot of guess work in regards to tyres and fuel, so you're always on edge. Lap races are better because you know exactly how much driving you'll do, and making a strategy is much easier. Fuel and tyre wear in the race was a bit crazy, you had to pit a lot even on a harder tyre compound. The grip levels dropped of too quickly, somewhat detracting from the quality of the racing. The fuel was no different. So, make the fuel and tyre wear a bit more realistic, wherein the rate of it is decreased to a manageable level, and make it a lapped race instead of a timed one. Another thing to note: I wasn't able to choose the hard tyre compound, and I wasn't able to completely fill the fuel tank. However, I think everyone had the same problem with refueling.

Dec 26, 2017
1. What did you make of the first race? how did it go from your own point of view?
The race went well, including an incredibly close finish with Viper. I think I crossed the line with 0.05s advantage having lost 4 seconds a lap for the last 3 laps.
It was very strange with the huge tyre wear and fuel consumption. It made strategy far more important than pace, but was possibly too severe in my opinion.
3. if you could make some recommendations to change in the settings what would they be and why
I wonder whether halving the wear and consumption would be a better idea, purely because of the above.

Dec 22, 2017
I enjoyed it immensely, even though I was well off the pace. However it was my furst ever race on a wheel so there's my excuse :D
The only bit of questionable driving I encountered was Cham running me onto the kurb at the end of Lap 1 which put me into a 180 degree spin, and seeing as you can't flick spin these cars with TC on, it took me ages to get back around. Other than that, it was fun.
The fuel consumption, initial fuel and tyre wear rate need to be tinkered with, other than that it was fine.
3. if you could make some recommendations to change in the settings what would they be and why
See above

Dec 2, 2017
I enjoyed it immensely, even though I was well off the pace. However it was my furst ever race on a wheel so there's my excuse :D
The only bit of questionable driving I encountered was Cham running me onto the kurb at the end of Lap 1 which put me into a 180 degree spin, and seeing as you can't flick spin these cars with TC on, it took me ages to get back around. Other than that, it was fun.
The fuel consumption, initial fuel and tyre wear rate need to be tinkered with, other than that it was fine.
See above
Didn't realise I'd taken you off, thought I'd given room. Apologies for that man

Dec 2, 2017
I made about 20 mistakes in the first 10 laps, which took me down from my quali place of 5th to as low as 9th, but I managed to pull it together in the last 6 or so and eventually gained two places on the final lap at the expense of BKXI and Murph to finish 6th, so I guess I was somewhat happy with it.
There was a bit of questionable driving from others on the first lap though, as I got a few shoves off the track during it, which I wasn't too happy about. The fact I was on mediums at the start didn't help in that respect either, as I was having trouble finding grip.

I think it's pretty obvious that the wear settings need to be reduced, and starting fuel needs to change if possible. pretty crap that we only had the one lap of fuel. I'd changed onto the mediums pre-race after setting a lap, and it screwed me over :/

3. if you could make some recommendations to change in the settings what would they be and why?

I think the obvious one is less tyre wear, but making the tyres hard/medium/soft rather than med/soft/ss probably wouldn't be a bad idea, if of course its possible. Fuel settings do need changing to be less intense though.