- Jul 20, 2017
SRL F1 Leagues
Season 5 Sign-Ups
Season 5 Sign-Ups
After 4 successful seasons of SRL, we are excited to open sign-ups for the next chapter in SRL F1 on the PS4 side. With F1 2017 around the corner, it's time to prepare for another eventful season of twists and turns, where the next champion will be crowned.
As always with league racing, rules are there to ensure everyone races fairly. These are not to take the fun out of league racing by any means, but to race we expect all drivers to abide by them to ensure everyone can have a great time.
With that out of the way, these are the details:
- SRL runs several tiers for each platform we run on. For PS4, this is currently 2 tiers. The top tier will be for the fastest drivers, whereas those newer to league racing or a little slower can still enjoy racing in tier 2, where they will be more closely matched in terms of pace.
- Lobby settings are as follows:
- 50% race with "short" 18 minute qualifying
- Safety Car, Dynamic Weather, Equal cars, Strict "in-game" rules, Full Damage.
- Each tier has a maximum of 20 full-time drivers, excluding reserves and streaming slots.
- League setup: Each platform runs a set amount of leagues, depending on the amount of drivers signing up at the start of the season. The leagues are tiered, with the aim to have the faster drivers in the higher leagues and the slower drivers in the lower leagues.
- Race format: Each race event features an 18-minute qualifying session followed by a 50% race.
- Driver placements: With this being the first season on the F1 2017 game, you'll be placed in a tier judged by your Time Trial results. New drivers will be placed in a league that suits them, based on a Time Trial event. Each league may contain up to 20 drivers, plus reserves. If sign ups only are enough for one tier, Time Trial will not be applied.
- Assists: As below:
- League Rules
- Race Calendar
Sign-up processSigning up means you have read the above, and agree to abide by league rules, and you will be able to attend the majority of races for the season at the specified time.
Please respond to this thread with the following:
- Your PSN name
- This is the username you use to sign-in to PlayStation Network
- Everyone is welcome to join, but we generally recommend Australasian racers only unless you have a very strong internet connection.
- Confirmation that you can attend every race
- If not, which can you not attend (if you can specify). If more than three, we'd recommend signing up to be a reserve driver
- Assists used
- If you use any assists or intend to use them, please state them. As some tiers have varying levels of assist availability, we want to place you into a tier you will be comfortable in.
- Twitter handle/username
- This is optional but is used as the social media platform of choice for fellow league racers
- SpeedTest result
- You need a stable (not necessarily fast) internet connection to be able to race. Lag can cause frustrating incidents in races online
- You can test your internet speed at speedtest.net against a UK based server
You can use this template:
● PS4 Gamertag:
● Have you read and understood the SRL Rules?
● Assists used:
● What is your Twitter handle?
● Speedtest result:
Sign-ups close on 22nd September at 7PM UK Time
Thanks all and we look forward to a great Season 5!
Drivers who have signed up to Season 5 are listed below.
Main league sign-ups (11):
● Forum Name [Gamertag] - Nationality - Assists - Ping
@OTG [Xx-OTG-xX] - British - None - 7ms
@Tom 'Stiggy' Rowson [sitggy458] - British - None - 14ms -
@bill_101_bob [bill_101_bob] - Australian - None - 12ms
@Wais77 [NGR_Wais77] - Congolese - None - 14ms
@RedMatt (redjams22) [redjams22] - British - RL - 20ms
[sp4c3un1c0rn1234] - British - RL - 8ms
@99Pipmatt [pipmatt] - British - None - TBC
@AshRichardson_F1 [AshRichardson_F1 ] - Welsh - None - 13ms
@skeevan [Skeevan_] - Irish - RL - 26ms
@Sam boast [boastman15] - British - None - TBC
@JWF197 [JWF197] - British - Med TC, ABS & RL - 12ms
Last edited by a moderator: