PC EU Split 2 Germany - Oxygen forcing me off track twice

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2018
  • Console and Tier: EU PC Split 2
  • Coordinator: @hyperzz
  • Date of Incident: May 24th 2019
  • Member(s) Involved: @Oxygen
  • Description of Incident: While I was on the outside of the hairpin and giving him a lot of room, @Oxygen still carries too much speed through the corner and forces me off track. Lucky no damage to my wing, but it prevented me from having decent traction and he got ahead/stayed of me. He had a lot of other actions which were harsh, like trying to force a move in turn one, while he wasn't alongside and a huge lunge on the first turn of the 3rd sector. He's very lucky we didn't collide on those occasions, but this guy really needs an attitude change... Below is a list of all the encounters had with him. Decide for yourself what you wish to do with them. But it feels to me like he continuously tries to force his way through and use me as a brake.

Long story short: Most of these videos are just to show how overly aggressive he is, the only real punishable stuff is me forcing off track. But this guy is asking for a huge crash if he continues like this.
  • Evidence of Incident:
Forcing me off track twice:

Evidence of being too aggressive (in my opinion)...

Lap 1, turn 2: using me as a brake:

Lap 15, turn 1: overly aggressive overtake, where I needed to back out to avoid a collision. It's not really worth penalizing, but it does show how aggressive he is...

Lap 15, 3rd DRS zone: a sudden movement to the right while I was already alongside:

Lap 16, hairpin: braking way too late. Luckely I saw it coming because of my telemetry (radar) and tried to convert it into a switchback. But most likely he would have collided with any other driver.

Lap 17: moving under braking

Lap 18, turn 1 of sector 3: Huge lunge in a corner where you can't really overtake unless you're as aggressive as this guy. He also hit me, forcing me to take a wider racing line.

Lap 21, hairpin: As I turned into the hairpin on the usual turn-in point after braking as late as I could (I even had my brake bias up to 57% at that point, where I usually run 55% on this track), he still managed to hit me during the hairpin.

Veloce_Hyperz

Staff member
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2018
The stewards have reviewed the provided evidence and decided to give @Oxygen a reprimand for over-agressive driving. There was no damage caused, neither much time was lost, therefore we cannot give @Oxygen any bigger penalty. We will keep a closer eye on @Oxygen's driving standards this season though.

Closed.
@Oxygen @Borderline

Status
Not open for further replies.